GFWC Intermediate League of Butler
was organized and federated in 1950 to provide a club for women in the “age gap” between the Junior and Senior Women’s Clubs, thus the name “Intermediate League”. From the beginning, the annual Antiques Show and Sale has been the club’s signature fundraising project. Our club members have made a difference in the Butler Community through volunteer work providing parties at PARC, assisting in the special needs classrooms at McQuistion school, and assisting with the Butler Historical Society’s “Butler Brush-Up” Walldog Mural Project. Members have volunteered at the Backpack Initiative Program of the Butler Area School District, at the Lighthouse food bank, and VOICe, Perhaps the most well known accomplishment of the club was the establishment of 911 service in Butler County in 1969. The club was also instrumental in the installation of the Gateway Garden. The work of members continues to make a positive difference in the lives of the citizens of our Butler community.